Shoes can say a 1000 words.They let the world know a little more about who you are, without you having to say a word. Shoes have the ability to show personality and add flavour to your visual message or just be practical for the purpose for which they are required.
Each shoe type has a different message and has the power to dress up or down an outfit.
I personally believe that a carefully thought out shoe can completely elevate an outfit and give you the confidence to walk tall and with self-assurance.
Here are a few tips to consider when choosing what shoe to wear:
- Elongated shapes lengthen and slim the legs whereas blunt and very rounded toes shorten and broaden legs
- Pointy toes are less comfortable than rounder styles
- Fashion looks aside, pointy toes make the wearer appear more youthful and at the same time can appear more mature.
When shopping for shoes consider these points:
- Preferably shop for shoes in the afternoon, this means that if your feet have swollen a bit you will know the shoe will be comfortable after a whole day of wearing them.
- Bear in mind when buying a high heel shoe, pay attention to where the heel sits. Ensure it is sitting directly under your heel for good support.
- If the shoe doesn’t fit, don’t buy it.
And lastly, I would like to leave you with some shoes I feel are good to have readily available in your wardrobe for functionality and to finish off your desired look:
- Long pair of boots
- Ankle boots
- Dressy sandal
- Dressy sneaker
- Functional active wear sneaker
- Slip on shoe
- Wedge / high heel
Have fun with your shoes they are happy extension of you!
Janine – Naturalstyle